source various joke sites
Born 5th December 1901, in Aurum, Nevada, Milton Erickson went on to specialise in medical hypnosis and family therapy. He was founded the American Society for Clinical Hypnosis and was it’s first president.
Probably the most famous of modern Hypnotists and famous for being Artfully Vague in his hypnotic inductions, he was highly creative and famous for creating effective solutions for his patients and hypnotic subjects.
He was also a fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, and the American Psychopathological Association.
Studied by Richard Bandler and John Grinder, Grinder and Bandler modelled Ericson and produced “The Milton Model” as well as their own “Meta Model”; models which are well known to NLP Practitioners globally
Video recordings of Ericson can be found at youtube.com
I’ve been through it all, baby, I’m mother courage ~ Elizabeth Taylor
Brenda and Terry are going out for the evening. The last thing they do is put their cat out.
The taxi arrives, and as the couple walk out of the house, the cat scoots back in.
Terry returns inside to chase it out. Brenda, not wanting it known that the house would be empty, explains to the taxi driver, ‘My husband is just going upstairs to say goodbye to my mother.’
Several minutes later, an exhausted Terry arrives and climbs back into the taxi saying, ‘Sorry I took so long, the stupid idiot was hiding under the bed and I had to poke her with a coat hanger several times before I could get her to come out!’
“Success is dependent on effort”
- One of three Greek playwrights, who wrote tragedies, whose plays have survived
- The Suda, a 10th century encyclopaedia, states that Sophocles wrote 123 plays during his life, but only seven have survived intact:
Ajax, Antigone, Trachinian Women, Oedipus the King, Electra, Philoctetes and Oedipus at Colonus.
- Sophocles was the most celebrated playwright in the dramatic competitions of Athens, For almost 50 years
- He is reported as winning 24 of approximately 30 competitions never came lower than second.
- Sophocles has a crater on the surface of Mercury named after him.
Seemed apt to me to reblog a post about reblogging.
I hope you find it useful